You may be dreading the homework, tests, and pop quizzes that come with going back to school but there is a silver lining! Those high school hallways are a perfect makeshift cat walk. School is a great opportunity to show off your style (and learn a little while you do it)! Let’s be honest, you’ve been planning your first day of school outfit for weeks.
Bare it all:
Just like your hair, less is more. This is simple and my personal go to makeup style. Three steps and you’re on your way to make those hallways yours!
Step 1: Wake up.
Step 2: Apply your favorite lightweight BB cream.
Step 3: Add mascara.
Voila! Quick, easy, beautiful and you’re on your way! The only way to make baring it all even easier? Lash extensions with Katie!
Au Natural (with a cat eye touch):
Au natural is without a doubt our second favorite style. It is easy, yet flawless because well…you’re beautiful. Essentially you are taking your Bare It All face, and adding a cat eye for a little pop. This is the best way to draw attention to your eyes without using heavy shadows. Lightweight makeup is always a win in the summer months!
Step 1: Start with a lightweight BB cream (like in Bare in All) and blend it from the center of your face outward.
Step 2: Color in your brows with your favorite powder or liquid brow filler. Even when you aren’t wearing much makeup, brows should make a statement!
Step 3: Use a black or brown (or purple if you so choose) eyeliner and draw tight lines on both your upper and lower water lines. In order to create the cat eye, it is important to follow your lash line all the way to the edge!
Step 4: Mascara, of course! In our opinion, no matter how much or how little makeup you have on, mascara is a MUST (unless of course, you have lash extensions).
Bonus: Feel free to add some blush or a rosy lip balm to add a little glow to your look.
Quick Smokey Eye:
Honestly, you can never go wrong with a smokey eye. This look is for those of you who need more to your makeup than natural. This is the cat eye with a pop! Smokey eye can be simple and will surely turn some heads in Algebra!
Step 1: Apply a dark eye shadow to your entire eye lid and blend upward toward the crease.
Step 2: Add lighter shade under your brow and blend it down into the darker shade.
Step 3: Use a dark eyeliner on your bottom waterline (and give it a little smudge).
Step 4: Use the same dark liner on your top waterline (and give that a little smudge too).
Step 5: Mascara!
Now onto hair. It’s the end of August, and we are really feeling that humidity. Your hair starts out cute, but by the end of the day it’s a mess.
We are going to give you three heat free, no fuss hairstyles to help keep you looking and feeling cool for these hot summer school days. Not only are we positive you want to sleep in as late as possible, but you also want to show up to school (at least for the first week) looking your best.
Here are a few simple, quick tips to get you out the door looking your best in no time!
Skip the heat:
Step away from the flat iron! It’s hot enough, right? Why introduce more heat into your morning routine? We know you are tempted in the summer to pull out the flat irons in a desperate attempt to tame those fly aways-but the long term damage these tools can cause to summer dried hair can carry long lasting effects. There are plenty of options when it comes to cute, heat free styles!
Top Knot for the Win:
We love this style because it is easy and perfect for every occasion. A top knot may win the award for Most Versatile Hair Style. It can be worn out for a night on the town but also looks super cute paired with sweats and a t-shirt. The possibilities are endless!
- Pull your hair into a tight high ponytail. We like to use a bristle brush so that it keeps your hair slicked back and tight to your scalp.
- Secure your ponytail with a hair elastic.
- Wrap the length of your ponytail around the hair elastic in a circular motion (around and around and around), and secure that with another hair tie. We sometimes like to make this hair tie more decorative.
- Tug at your newly styled, perfect bun to give it texture. Or wear it sleek! Or even as a half up/half down! Which ever you prefer because remember- the possibilities are endless.
- Throw some clothes on and run out the door to catch the bus!
Salty Ocean Waves:
Beach waves are one way to keep summer vibes alive even when you’re in class. Lucky for you, this style is attainable without even stepping foot in the ocean.
- Start by spraying your wet hair with a conditioning spray and brush it out.
- Flip your head over and use your favorite curling mousse followed by your favorite texturizing spray.
- Divide your hair into two sections and begin twisting pieces outward.
- Make sure you twist these SUPER tight and pull it taught for a few seconds.
- Do this for your entire head of hair.
- Go do your makeup, eat your breakfast, get dressed, and keep busy until your hair is dry.
- Use your fingers to shake it out and finish with a good spritz of that texturizing spray.
Now you’ve got plenty of back to school inspiration, you are going to look fabulous your first, second, third and every day. We’ve got your hair and your makeup covered and you will be out the door on time! Let us know what your favorite go to makeup and hair routines for those busy school mornings.
Have an upcoming special event and need to guarantee your hair is perfectly in place? We’re in the middle of wedding season and there is nothing wrong with getting your hair and makeup professionally done as a guest! Own it!